Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I cancel my Apple Music subscription will I lose my playlists?

I recently cancelled my Apple Music subscription but I'm going to renew my subscription in a couple of months. I just got an email from Apple telling me my playlists will be deleted if I cancel.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 24, 2020 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 9:39 AM

Hello amc92,

I understand you're concerned with losing your playlists when you cancel your Apple Music subscription. I'm happy to provide you some information on this.

Once your Apple Music subscription is canceled you will lose access to the playlists you created and any music you've downloaded. Also, your music and playlists would not return if you decide to sign up for Apple Music again in the future. However, you will have access to it until the day your subscription officially ends and your purchased music would not be affected.

If keeping your subscription active isn't possible for you right now, I recommend writing down the songs in your playlists or taking screenshots of the playlists so you can set them up again the same way once you're subscribed again. Here's how to take a screenshot: Take a screenshot on your iPhone.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2020 9:39 AM in response to amc92

Hello amc92,

I understand you're concerned with losing your playlists when you cancel your Apple Music subscription. I'm happy to provide you some information on this.

Once your Apple Music subscription is canceled you will lose access to the playlists you created and any music you've downloaded. Also, your music and playlists would not return if you decide to sign up for Apple Music again in the future. However, you will have access to it until the day your subscription officially ends and your purchased music would not be affected.

If keeping your subscription active isn't possible for you right now, I recommend writing down the songs in your playlists or taking screenshots of the playlists so you can set them up again the same way once you're subscribed again. Here's how to take a screenshot: Take a screenshot on your iPhone.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

If I cancel my Apple Music subscription will I lose my playlists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.