Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Somebody is logging on with my apple id,

Hi There

Every time I attempt to get a verification code my cell phone tells me someone is trying to log in from a different area.

Therefore I got a manual verification code from my settings and changed my password online in the cloud. I logged out all devices.

After changing the password, when I try to sign in it tells me someone is using my apple ID from another location.

Can anyone let me know what is going on? What can I do? I am a little worried!

Thanks

Julie

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 7:24 AM

Hi Eric!

Thank you for your response. Yes I believe it is me trying to log in and the GPS with apple might be off a little. It scared me because the message said someone was trying to log in from a city in Switzerland that is very far away from my city. Something like 4 to 5 hours. However I believe it is like you mentioned that it is a server location. Nonetheless I am back in, and I changed my password.

Thank both of you for taking your time to manage my question. Best Regards from Switzerland

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2020 7:24 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric!

Thank you for your response. Yes I believe it is me trying to log in and the GPS with apple might be off a little. It scared me because the message said someone was trying to log in from a city in Switzerland that is very far away from my city. Something like 4 to 5 hours. However I believe it is like you mentioned that it is a server location. Nonetheless I am back in, and I changed my password.

Thank both of you for taking your time to manage my question. Best Regards from Switzerland

Feb 25, 2020 7:13 AM in response to Stillilove

I think what donv is referring to is if this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen, about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

Somebody is logging on with my apple id,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.