Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't send anything but iMessages to one contact only

Hi, when i have no internet access, I can send text messages to all contacts (incl iPhone users), except one contact. When I try to send him a message I get the notification: Cannot Send Message - iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message. The other weird thing is that he's the only one of my contacts who receives messages from my email account rather than phone number.

Both my phone and mac are set to start new conversations from my phone number. I have also tried to switch iMassage off and on, signed out and back into messages on the mac ... none of those have helped.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 6:50 AM

Hi Bojana,

On Your iPhone and Mac, Delete the entire thread of messages with this person on your iPhone and have him do the same on his iPhone. Find his name on the list of Messages and then Swipe Left and choose delete (You will lose all of the messages with this person). Also uncheck your email address under Send & Receive from Messages (Settings).

Then try a fresh message and see if that works.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2020 6:50 AM in response to bojana20

Hi Bojana,

On Your iPhone and Mac, Delete the entire thread of messages with this person on your iPhone and have him do the same on his iPhone. Find his name on the list of Messages and then Swipe Left and choose delete (You will lose all of the messages with this person). Also uncheck your email address under Send & Receive from Messages (Settings).

Then try a fresh message and see if that works.

Axel F.

I can't send anything but iMessages to one contact only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.