Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Contact photos not showing on Mac

Hello, I'm only getting the contacts initials where the contact photo should be displayed. Any ideas? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 9:32 AM

It's likely just a glitch while syncing across devices, so let's try some troubleshooting.

Go to your iOS device and (Assuming you're on iOS 13) go to Settings>Apple ID>iCloud>Contacts, turn it off while keeping it on the device, and turn it back on.

Then, proceed to do the same thing on your Mac. I'm assuming you're on the latest macOS Catalina, so the instructions might be slightly different if you're not. Go to >System Preferences...>Apple ID>Contacts and turn it off and on again.

Restart both devices, unlock them and wait a couple minutes. Let me know if this fixes your problem or not.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2020 9:32 AM in response to 1234x

It's likely just a glitch while syncing across devices, so let's try some troubleshooting.

Go to your iOS device and (Assuming you're on iOS 13) go to Settings>Apple ID>iCloud>Contacts, turn it off while keeping it on the device, and turn it back on.

Then, proceed to do the same thing on your Mac. I'm assuming you're on the latest macOS Catalina, so the instructions might be slightly different if you're not. Go to >System Preferences...>Apple ID>Contacts and turn it off and on again.

Restart both devices, unlock them and wait a couple minutes. Let me know if this fixes your problem or not.

iMessage Contact photos not showing on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.