Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Word Processing App for iPad Pro?

Looking for a comprehensive word processing app to us on my new iPadPro with keyboard case. I am used to using Windows on my MacMini...

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2020 3:48 PM

Check Apple’s Pages app. It’s similar to (but better in many ways than) Microsoft Word.

‎Pages on the App Store

6 replies

Feb 25, 2020 6:00 PM in response to CFB-A

Best is purely subjective, so will vary depending on just what kind of documents you use with your current word processor.

There are literally dozens, if not more, to choose from in the App Store. Apple Pages is free with any new device purchase and registration. MS Word is available as well, although depending on device, may require a paid Office 365 subscription. But there are numerous other options in the App Store as well.

Note that most, if not all mobile versions of apps (Pages and Word included) are not 100% true implementations of their desktop equivalents. There are always compromises with the mobile apps.

Feb 26, 2020 5:07 AM in response to CFB-A

I use Documents to Go because it’s compatible with microsoft and apple products.

But as Michael said, best is relative.

Just know that most if not all apps are skinnied down versions of their normal programs, so they will be limited in formatting and other things.

so they’re great for taking notes, just don’t expect to format a large scale project on them. Or be aware that what they do on the iPad may or may not translate in whole to a real computer.

Best Word Processing App for iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.