Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost contacts when switching from Catalina back to Mojave

I restored my MacbookPro back to Mojave after upgrading to Catalina on the advice of an Apple tech support assistant as a suggested fix for a problem in Preview. The fix didn't work, and I hated Catalina, so I switched back to Mojave and now my contacts are missing, although they show up at icloud.com. I didn't formerly sync my contacts to iCloud because I use an external hard drive backup with Time Machine. However, when I restored all my files via Time Machine, none of my Contacts reappeared. Please help.

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 10:47 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2020 1:07 PM in response to samawhama

Hello samawhama,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that your contacts appear on iCloud.com, but it's missing in macOS Mojave. I'll be happy to help and point you in the right direction.

I recommend making sure that iCloud is turned on in the Contacts app on your Mac. To verify that, you can open the Contacts app, then navigate to the menu bar by selecting Contacts > Preferences > select, the "Accounts" tab and verify if iCloud appears on the left side bar. If so, please select, iCloud and make sure there's a check mark next to "Enable this account." If iCloud is not listed, you can follow the steps in this helpful article to add iCloud: Add contacts from iCloud, Google, and more to Contacts on Mac Specifically the section that says, "Add a new account."

Kind regards.

Lost contacts when switching from Catalina back to Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.