Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover Deleted Voice Memos

I accidentally deleted an important voice memo completely today. How can I recover this. I have read that I can erase and reset phone but will that work for same day?

I reset the phone and tried to recover from i cloud backup but it said nothing available.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 1:08 PM

IF you didn't back up your device to either icloud or itunes like this How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support then there is no recovery.

if you did back up then you this click here Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you sync them to itunes Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support then it would be under music in itunes.

If you didn't backup or sync then that voice memo is gone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2020 1:08 PM in response to RebelWasHere

IF you didn't back up your device to either icloud or itunes like this How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support then there is no recovery.

if you did back up then you this click here Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If you sync them to itunes Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support then it would be under music in itunes.

If you didn't backup or sync then that voice memo is gone.

Recover Deleted Voice Memos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.