Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older Version of YouTube

can anyone give me access or link to get and old version of YouTube ? Because i have a first Gen iPad and i dont want to use cydia on my iPad just give me a safe way to get an older version of YouTube

just like my friend’s iPad 1 with an older version of youtube installed on it

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 5:36 AM

Unless you have a Developers account with Apple, all Apps for your iPad must be downloaded and installed from the Apple App Store - whilst they remain available for download. There are no third-party sites or resources from which you can side-load Apps.

App support for older iPads and iOS versions are becoming increasingly scarce. App developers are increasing dropping support for, and withdrawing Apps, for older devices.

As for jailbreaking, this cannot be discussed within the Apple Support Community fora.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2020 5:36 AM in response to NewtsRlil

Unless you have a Developers account with Apple, all Apps for your iPad must be downloaded and installed from the Apple App Store - whilst they remain available for download. There are no third-party sites or resources from which you can side-load Apps.

App support for older iPads and iOS versions are becoming increasingly scarce. App developers are increasing dropping support for, and withdrawing Apps, for older devices.

As for jailbreaking, this cannot be discussed within the Apple Support Community fora.

Feb 27, 2020 12:57 PM in response to NewtsRlil

The very old YouTube app/s for iOS 5.1.1 and the watching/viewing/streaming of YouTube from an old, 9-10 yesr old Web browser for that 10-year old iPad running iOS 5.1.1 will no longer work, anyhow, either!

I still have my 2010,,1st gen iPad and none of the older versions of popular video apps, other than Netflix, no longer work on this 2010, 1st gen iPad any longer.

Video app content developers discontinued operations of their really old app versions and Google has made too many codec changes over the years to YouTube and the old YouTube app/s for iOS 5.1.1 no longer works and YouTube through a 9-10-yesr old Web browser, no longer works, either because these video content sites, like YouTube have changed the code and video codecs overtime and, as such, made viewing videos on these very old mobile devices impossible now.

You will never get YouTube to view or stream on that iPad in any form, app or Website and I doudt Cydia has a version of their app that will work with a 10-year old device!

You really should consider looking into purchasing a new or discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple.

The 2010 iPad is simply too old and woefully underpowered compared to modern, present day iPads.

Best of Luck to You!

Older Version of YouTube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.