Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes burn to CD error 0xC0AA0301

Can't burn to disk, error 0xC0AA0301. This used to work. Any idea what the problem is? (PS: tested and can burn from Windows Media).

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 10:29 AM

Hi Starr.C, thanks for your reply. I've seen that doc before and followed each of the steps. None made a difference. I even tried burning a playlist that I had previously successfully burned some time ago with the same non-result. As I mentioned, I can burn to this DVD/CD drive from Windows Media so I think that means the drive is ok. Is the error code (0xC0AA0301) so broad that it's of no help?

Peace and Love,

Dave

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2020 10:29 AM in response to Leanne_68

Hi Starr.C, thanks for your reply. I've seen that doc before and followed each of the steps. None made a difference. I even tried burning a playlist that I had previously successfully burned some time ago with the same non-result. As I mentioned, I can burn to this DVD/CD drive from Windows Media so I think that means the drive is ok. Is the error code (0xC0AA0301) so broad that it's of no help?

Peace and Love,

Dave

Mar 2, 2020 1:43 PM in response to DaveFHarr

Hello DaveFHarr,

Thanks for reaching back an providing the details. I'd like to gather some info that may be helpful.

Cheers!

Mar 5, 2020 7:38 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for responding. The answer is that I have done all the things you ask, I'm on auto-update for windows and I checked last week for updates manually and I was good. I can get you the version if you'd like. I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and the version is 12.10.4.2 which is the same as before the uninstall. Sometimes I've been getting the message "burner or software not found" which is earlier in the steps to burn that results in the error code, i.e. sometimes when I try again to burn I get past that point, get to the set burn parameters box, it starts the burn of the 1st song from the playlist, the disc starts spinning, the message is that iTunes is burning the 1st song, after a few seconds it stops, ejects the disc and gives me the message that an unknown error has occurred with the error code: 0xC0AA0301. I haven't got any great ideas on what to do next so any additional help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

iTunes burn to CD error 0xC0AA0301

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.