Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie loop seamless

How can I remove, cover, or prevent a gap in the audio from happening after a looped video ends and before it automatically starts again?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 1:53 PM

8 replies

Feb 28, 2020 9:10 AM in response to Rich839

I suspect that there likely will be a slight pause in the audio, 0.5 seconds maybe, at the start of each loop, but it shouldn't be a gap. If you are doing a View/Loop Playback in the project timeline view, you will get that slight pause. Also, be aware that the loop setting in the timeline will not carry over to the shared out movie. If you want to loop a shared out movie you would need to loop it with the settings of whatever player app you are using. Even when looping with a movie player, you still will get that slight glitch as the loop recycles each time -- at least you will when using QuickTimePlayer.

As a workaround, you can do the looping in the old fashioned way, by simply duplicating the timeline over and over. So, you would share out your movie. Then reimport the shared out movie as a large clip back into your project and place it at the end of your movie in the timeline. Then select and Edit/Copy, Edit/Paste, the large clip over and over into the timeline for as many times as you want to loop the movie. There shouldn't be any gap in the audio, but if there is you can trim and fiddle with it to eliminate. Maybe even paste in a piece of audio. Then share out the movie and you will have a looping movie that you can play anywhere, and even loop it further with the movie player.

-- Rich

Feb 28, 2020 9:24 AM in response to Shadwb

I get a similiar thing with looping in QuickTimePlayer, although as I said in my other post it is only a quick glitch, not really a gap like you are describing. In your case, is the audio actually eliminated for the space of the gap, so that when it picks up again it starts at other than its original beginning? How long of a gap are you talking about?

You might try re-sharing out the movie and see if the issue persists with the new export. Also, you could try converting the original movie to Mp4/AAC with the free download, Handbrake, to see if the re-rendering eliminates the issue. Convert the clip even if it already is Mp4/AAC. You can get Handbrake here:

https://handbrake.fr/

Also, you can try the old fashioned way that I described in my earlier post.

-- Rich

Feb 28, 2020 10:32 AM in response to Shadwb

I was thinking that you could create a repetitive movie with only three or four repetitive sequences. Share it out. Then loop it with QuickTime Player. That way the gap would occur only after every four sequences and might be much less noticeable. You then could use a much smaller file size that could be played over and over for an eight hour period.

— Rich

imovie loop seamless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.