Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails visible on iPhone not appearing on Macbook pro

Emails visible in mail on my iPhone, OS 13.3.1 are not always visible on my Macbook Pro, OS 10.15.3 (although some are).

Is there a way to ensure both devices display all my incoming the emails?

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 28, 2020 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 5:44 AM

Worminyourear wrote:

Emails visible in mail on my iPhone, OS 13.3.1 are not always visible on my Macbook Pro, OS 10.15.3 (although some are).

You do not say who provides your email... non-the-less

Verify you are using the default IMAP protocol on both devices—this ensure the mail stays on the server and both device access the account. ( POP acts quite differently.)

synch should not be an issue in the Mail.app

The best trouble shooting advice to resolve an issue here is to delete the account on the MBP. in your Mail.app Then it is a simple matter of adding the account back in, typically this is all it takes to resync.

remember that all IMAP mail remains on the server and will still be there when you fire it backup.

If you have any custom "On My Mac" mail folders they remain untouched, those are client side and remain on your computer.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2020 5:44 AM in response to Worminyourear

Worminyourear wrote:

You do not say who provides your email... non-the-less

Verify you are using the default IMAP protocol on both devices—this ensure the mail stays on the server and both device access the account. ( POP acts quite differently.)

synch should not be an issue in the Mail.app

The best trouble shooting advice to resolve an issue here is to delete the account on the MBP. in your Mail.app Then it is a simple matter of adding the account back in, typically this is all it takes to resync.

remember that all IMAP mail remains on the server and will still be there when you fire it backup.

If you have any custom "On My Mac" mail folders they remain untouched, those are client side and remain on your computer.

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Mar 22, 2020 1:11 PM in response to leroydouglas

I am in the same boat on my iMac. It downloads on my iPhone automatically. On the iMac I will click 'get new email' on the Mail icon and it comes back negative. However, if I close Mail, then re-open, it populates very quickly. Never had this problem with the old iMac (RIP) and an older OS. A nuisance that I cannot figure out.

Emails visible on iPhone not appearing on Macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.