Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changed from Sky Mail to Yahoo Sky Mail

This has been hard work but after spending days trying to send emails I’ve decided to ask for help on this forum. First of all when I try to read my emails a message comes up saying wrong Sky ID or password. I’ve checked all passwords, made new ones etc but still this message comes up. Also when I send an email it sticks in outbox and I can’t get it to go. Please can someone help me.

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2020 6:18 AM

It will be the same/single password for your email account - but if manually updating the iPad settings will need to be entered in the two places that I described in my previous reply.

It is unlikely - and unusual - for a commercial email provider to require that different passwords are set for sending (SMTP) and receiving (IMAP or POP3) email.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2020 6:18 AM in response to jim nor

It will be the same/single password for your email account - but if manually updating the iPad settings will need to be entered in the two places that I described in my previous reply.

It is unlikely - and unusual - for a commercial email provider to require that different passwords are set for sending (SMTP) and receiving (IMAP or POP3) email.

Mar 1, 2020 9:55 AM in response to jim nor

If you have changed the password for your email, you’ll need to change the password in two places on your iPad/iPhone:

Settings > Passwords & Accounts > [mailbox account] > Account > Password

Settings > Passwords & Accounts > [mailbox account] > Account > SMTP > [Primary Server name] > Password

The first setting relates to receiving email from your IMAP/POP3 mailbox; the second relates to sending mail using SMTP. Mail failing to send, after a password change, is usually indicative of the SMTP password not having been updated on client device.

The other method of updating your email credentials, a somewhat more “blunt” instrument, is to delete the email account from your device - then re-add the account. Assuming that your using an IMAP mailbox, nothing should be lost - and all your email will reload from the server.

I hole you find this information to be helpful in resolving your email issue.

Changed from Sky Mail to Yahoo Sky Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.