Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My VPN settings keep flashing connecting then blank

My settings VPN keeps flashing connecting then blank then connecting then blank, what does that mean?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2020 5:37 PM

It means that the VPN provider and their centralized servers are having great difficulty capturing and scanning at least your network traffic, if not everybody else using those servers for getting their traffic analyzed and metadata recorded. You might try a different entity—various are seemingly affiliated with advertising and data collection entities—as they might be able to better capture and harvest the metadata associated with your network traffic.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2020 5:37 PM in response to Msc3351

It means that the VPN provider and their centralized servers are having great difficulty capturing and scanning at least your network traffic, if not everybody else using those servers for getting their traffic analyzed and metadata recorded. You might try a different entity—various are seemingly affiliated with advertising and data collection entities—as they might be able to better capture and harvest the metadata associated with your network traffic.

My VPN settings keep flashing connecting then blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.