Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an Apple Watch app which can bluetooth heart rate to an iPad?

I currently own a Versa 2 Fitbit smart watch which I can easily bluetooth my heart rate to my iPad. I then zoom the iPad 6.5 times so that I can see my heart rate from across the room during my workout without looking at my wrist.

Unfortunately, the latest firmware update last month for the Versa 2 turned the heart rate monitor feature into a random number generator. Not kidding. I called Apple and the rep stated that I cannot sync an Apple watch to an iPad.

So is there a third party app which can show my heart rate on an iPad using the data from an Apple watch?

Thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 3, 2020 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2020 10:56 PM

all the apple watches rely on the health and activty apps both which are exclusive to the iphone

so unless some app offer using the iphone as go between to transfer data to the ipad or do a directly PAN bluetooth profile implementation to communicate with an app on the ipad then it would not work.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2020 10:56 PM in response to Snowmill

all the apple watches rely on the health and activty apps both which are exclusive to the iphone

so unless some app offer using the iphone as go between to transfer data to the ipad or do a directly PAN bluetooth profile implementation to communicate with an app on the ipad then it would not work.

Mar 4, 2020 8:15 AM in response to Rudegar

I do not know whether it is a lack of sensors or not. Fitbit, and their line-up of watches, has an app which can be installed on iPhones, iPads, and Android devices. All the information that is gathered by the watch is relayed, via bluetooth, to the device one chooses.

The big problem is that the latest firmware update for the Versa 2 watch, which was supposed to improve the heart rate monitor, instead made the monitor useless. I am lucky because that update turned a lot of other Versa 2s into bricks - dark screen, unresponsive to anything even the time. At least I can set the correct time and can set alarms on my Versa 2. I now use my older Charge 3 for my heart rate during workouts and during the day. At night, I switch to the Versa 2.

That is why my interest into the Apple watch. I have very simple needs and that is knowing my heart rate at all times. During the day, this is easy but if I cannot monitor my heart rate to an iPad (where I can see it easily in the gym) then the Apple watch is not for me. I'll just continue with the two watch solution until Fitbit has a new update. Google bought Fitbit - why it is taking a month to correct things is troubling.

I will enter a feedback and wait. Apple is aware of this so I do not have much hope.

Again, thank you for your responses and concern!

Is there an Apple Watch app which can bluetooth heart rate to an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.