Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallpaper color fading

When I try to set a new dark theme “still” wallpaper I see an example picture of how the wallpaper should look like and it looks good with saturated colors but when I actually set the wallpaper it looks like all colors are faded.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 3, 2020 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 11:57 AM

Hey there kindermilo,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are noticing a color difference with the selected wallpaper on your iPhone. I'd like to help.

Is this happening with all wallpapers selected? If you restart your iPhone, Restart your iPhone - Apple Support, does that help improve the colors? When you navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Color Filters, is this Off?

I would suggest checking under Settings > General > Software Update, and completing any available updates to see if this helps improve what you're seeing: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2020 11:57 AM in response to kindermilo

Hey there kindermilo,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are noticing a color difference with the selected wallpaper on your iPhone. I'd like to help.

Is this happening with all wallpapers selected? If you restart your iPhone, Restart your iPhone - Apple Support, does that help improve the colors? When you navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Color Filters, is this Off?

I would suggest checking under Settings > General > Software Update, and completing any available updates to see if this helps improve what you're seeing: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Best regards.

Wallpaper color fading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.