Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview Pane in Mail not working

In mail program, I used to be able to be in classic view, and have the SHOW SIDE PREVIEW. It doesn't work now. I used to be able to click on a message and I would be able to see the entire message on the right hand side

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 3:59 PM

Position your cursor on the rightmost edge of the Mail viewer window. When positioning your cursor over it, the normal selection cursor will change and bear a resemblance to this

<-|

Drag that.

Drag that cursor to the left. Nothing will appear to happen immediately. Keep dragging it to the left. There will be no visual confirmation of that action until you drag it more than halfway to the opposite edge of the window, or full screen if you are not using windowed mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2020 3:59 PM in response to chrispynj

Position your cursor on the rightmost edge of the Mail viewer window. When positioning your cursor over it, the normal selection cursor will change and bear a resemblance to this

<-|

Drag that.

Drag that cursor to the left. Nothing will appear to happen immediately. Keep dragging it to the left. There will be no visual confirmation of that action until you drag it more than halfway to the opposite edge of the window, or full screen if you are not using windowed mode.

Preview Pane in Mail not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.