Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Life

All of a sudden my iPhone 7plus is losing battery life at super speed. I can normally make it all day without going below 60% and that's while playing games. I've hardly used my phone today and after just being off the charger for 6 hours I am at 34%.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 10:49 AM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2020 7:24 AM in response to Wyndex1

Sadly mine went the same way immediately after updating to iOS 13, and I have read the same thing in this and other forums. The common belief on the internet is there is a problem with iOS 13, but Apple have not admitted this, and the usual advice from this forum and Apple is you have a bad battery and should replace it, and/or turn off a lot of stuff.

The coincidence is far too great that so many batteries, many, like mine, inside the 80% upwards of battery health, should suddenly suffer such a sudden heavy drop in battery life, and Apple's stance has resulted in lost credibility as a result. Strange thing is, not all phones are affected, and I have tried many ways to restore and update mine in case the method of updating is the problem, but the improvement I managed to gain was not great.

Battery Life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.