Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro- Black screen, spinning wheel

So I’ll be using my iPad Pro and out of nowhere it would go dark with the spinning wheel. After like a second or so, it would send me back to the lock screen. Already tried a hard reset, but it keeps happening. It doesn’t happen frequently, but it usually happens when I have two apps open on screen. Is anyone else also experiencing this? If so, is there a way to fix it?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 7:00 PM

I realise this is a new-ish 2018 iPad Pro, but how much internal, free data storage space is left inside of this iPad?

Do you keep a lot of potential background active running apps in the iOS background app switcher, like over 30-50, or more apps?

17 replies

Apr 8, 2020 8:15 PM in response to jimrecht

Have you tried the new hard reset procedure for the new 2018 iPad Pro models.

1. Press and release the volume UP button.

2.Then immediately press and release the volume DOWN button.

3. Then, press and hold the Power button at the top. You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the Power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Good Luck!

Apr 9, 2020 5:39 AM in response to jimrecht

jimrecht wrote:

Same problem, and it is NOT caused by Background Refresh (which I have turned off).

Make a backup. Make sure you made that backup. Restore and setup as new, do not restore from a backup. If your problem goes away you know that this is OS related and not hardware.

Again... back it up. You don't know what's wrong at this point.

May 17, 2020 10:49 AM in response to ponkit

I didn’t have the magic keyboard. Mine was continually spinning. I was on phone with Apple Support for multiple days. They sent it off to engineering to try and figure out what’s going on. The response from engineering is that’s how it is. So I returned it. I’m not gonna spend $1200 on some thing that keeps losing battery power because it’s spinning continuously. Mine lost 60% of power overnight and was hot to the touch the next morning.

May 18, 2020 1:15 AM in response to MichelPM

Thank you for your times, by turning Bluetooth OFF actually work ! During last night my battery no longer drain off itself , as i inspect from the graph. As well as during the day, battery reduction seem to be slower as well, but then I’ll have to switch on and off whenever i need my Apple Pencile.... However, I’ll observe for a longer run.

Thank you

iPad Pro- Black screen, spinning wheel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.