Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign in to iCloud on iPod with iOS 6.1.6

I get the prompt to sign in agaian with the password and the access code but still get the message that id or password is incorrect.

Any ideas?

quinn

iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted on Mar 4, 2020 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 9:21 AM

Hey t quinn,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to sign in to iCloud but you are not able to sign in. Since you are using iOS 6.1.6, I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

"What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field."

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2020 9:21 AM in response to t quinn

Hey t quinn,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to sign in to iCloud but you are not able to sign in. Since you are using iOS 6.1.6, I would recommend you use this article to help troubleshoot the issue.

"What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field."

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Mar 5, 2020 10:59 AM in response to t quinn

Hi Starr,

The point of signing into iCloud was to get access to Apple Music on this device. I am not able to do this. There is no option to turn on iCloud Music Library

I thought perhaps iTunes Match needed to be signed into but a message says "This account does not have iCloud Music enabled. Apple Music has not been linked to this account. I am signed into the same iCloud account as the rest of my devices.

?

quinn

quinn

Cannot sign in to iCloud on iPod with iOS 6.1.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.