Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetoothaudiod crashes after Macbook updated to Catalina (still crashing on 10.15.3)

I have a problem like described here (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251061620) - also after updating to Catalina - but for me it isn't solved by updating to Catalina 10.15.3.

Sometimes if my system is really low on memory, my bluetooth keyboard and trackpad do neither work for some seconds, but it's mostly annoying for my headset, which does not automatically reconnect after the process is stopped.

Is it e.g. advisable to change EnablePressuredExit to False so the system doesn't accidentally kill it? Actually I have some devices connected all the time, so it would be favorable for me that it wouldn't exit at any given time.

Glad for any help I can get ...

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 5:10 AM

If from the upper right menu bar hold the Option key and click open the BlueTooth ico>Debug>Reset.

Start at the top of the list and continue in an effort to resolve your issue.

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard or trackpad isn't ...

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - Apple Support

4 replies

Mar 10, 2020 4:34 AM in response to leroydouglas

I've tried that and today it failed again - so resetting the bluetooth options didn't fix it. I've also tried removing and reconnecting and the other options you referenced here from the apple support, but they are rather for problems where it doesn't work at all - I can use the headset up to a point in time where the memory of the system is pressured, after which it doesn't work anymore.

It worked all time on OS X 10.14.x though, so I think it's not related to my headset, but rather something that changed in the new version of OS X.

bluetoothaudiod crashes after Macbook updated to Catalina (still crashing on 10.15.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.