Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID compromised

Was at school today when I got a text message which contained a bunch of Chinese letters. Translated it and it said something like “your mother is dead, everyone in your company must die”. I forgot to screenshot the number and I deleted the text message because I wasn’t thinking straight.

Came home to find that my Apple ID was used to sign into I message using a MacBook Pro 15. I changes my password and checked my account for any activity, but it turns out no transactions were made (because I had no method stored) and the device didn’t show up on the section which shows devices that are signed into your ID.

Created this post to see if anyone got a similar message and also to let everyone know how easily my account was compromised. Also if there’s anything else I should do in order to make sure they definitely don’t have access to the account and to make sure this won’t happen again anytime soon.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2020 12:14 PM

only an iPhone 8. Honestly I’m not sure either. I did reply to the message but I don’t know how that gave away my password.

it didn’t contain a link or anything, it was just a simple text message containing Chinese characters.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple ID compromised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.