Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone Xs battery health is 86% only after 8 months of usage

My iPhone Xs battery health is 86% only after 8 months of usage and Also I’m not a heavy user what should I do about it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 6, 2020 12:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 12:39 PM

Battery capacity is not based on months, it is determined by the number of full charge cycles. It will drop about 1% for each 25 full charge cycles. A full charge cycle is 0% to 100% or any combination of separate charges that total 100, such as 50% t0 100% twice, or 30% to 55% four times. If you have a Mac you can download Coconut Battery, which can tell you the number of full charge cycles on your phone. You can also take the phone to a genius bar and they can tell you if the battery is wearing faster than normal.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2020 12:39 PM in response to narciss98

Battery capacity is not based on months, it is determined by the number of full charge cycles. It will drop about 1% for each 25 full charge cycles. A full charge cycle is 0% to 100% or any combination of separate charges that total 100, such as 50% t0 100% twice, or 30% to 55% four times. If you have a Mac you can download Coconut Battery, which can tell you the number of full charge cycles on your phone. You can also take the phone to a genius bar and they can tell you if the battery is wearing faster than normal.

My iPhone Xs battery health is 86% only after 8 months of usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.