You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Pixma MP510 drivers on Mojave

Hello!

I have a Canon Pixma MP510 that I've been using with my MacBook Air for years and this morning, as I wanted to print out some documents, I had the error message "Type of printhead incorrect. Insert adequate printhead." I've been searching for several hours online for a solution and have tried the following already: removing and putting the ink cartridges back into place, removing the printhead and cleaning it, restarting the printer, unplugging and plugging it again, ... One of the suggested possible solutions I found was to download a more recent version of the printer's driver. However, I cannot seem to find a driver for Mac OS Mojave 10.14 anywhere on the net. My printer has been working fine and I'd absolutely want to avoid trashing it. Any tips would be more than welcome!

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 1:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 3:11 PM

As you can see from this link your printer is not supported in Mojave,

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp510.html?type=drivers&language=&os=macos%2010.14%20(mojave)

Have you just upgraded to Mojave, or was it working previously in Mojave.

You could try resetting the printing system, If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device – Apple Support

scroll down to Resetting the printing system.

Has anything changed from the last time you printed with trying to print today.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 7, 2020 3:11 PM in response to evymo

As you can see from this link your printer is not supported in Mojave,

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp510.html?type=drivers&language=&os=macos%2010.14%20(mojave)

Have you just upgraded to Mojave, or was it working previously in Mojave.

You could try resetting the printing system, If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device – Apple Support

scroll down to Resetting the printing system.

Has anything changed from the last time you printed with trying to print today.

Canon Pixma MP510 drivers on Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.