Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Calendar Virus

Last week I went onto a movie site and I clicked the wrong thing and somehow ended up with this (photo attached) in my calendar. I know if I click on the link I’m probably doomed so I haven’t. there is no option for me to delete these events or edit the calendar subscriptions to them like you can with any other event or calendar. They’re just stuck there it seems and they pop up every day and won’t stop. I can’t mute the Event reminders and because it remakes or adds them in two day increments. I’ve looked Online for hours and nothing seems to help because it doesn’t let me delete anything. I don’t think it’s spam like most posts say to people because I cannot remove anything. Help

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 12:22 PM

What if you’ve done everything in the help articles, there are no unknown calendars to delete, there are no unknown calendars subscribed to, and you are still getting garbage events appearing in your calendar, and no way to delete them.

158 replies

Mar 7, 2020 8:05 PM in response to jewels256

That is a Rogue Calendar account. Go to Settings-->>Passwords & Accounts and under Accounts see if an unknown calendar account is listed. If it is then tap on it and then Delete account.

Note that it is not a virus. It is something that got added to your calendar because you may have accepted an offer from a pop-up  on a website unknowingly. Please be careful out there,

Good Luck.

Axel F

Sep 11, 2021 8:08 AM in response to marika208

marika208 wrote:

Hi, I need help not getting it.

Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone

If you get unwanted calendar invitations or event notifications, you might have accidentally subscribed to a spam calendar. To remove the events, delete the calendar subscription.

How to remove calendar spam on your iPhone in iOS 14.6 or later

1. Open the Calendars app. 
  2. Tap the unwanted Calendar event.
  3. Tap Unsubscribe from this Calendar at the bottom of the screen.
  4. To confirm, tap Unsubscribe. 

How to remove calendar spam on your iPhone in earlier versions of iOS

1. Open the Calendar app.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, tap Calendars.
  3. Look for a calendar that you don't recognize. Tap the More Info button  next to that calendar, then scroll down and tap Delete Calendar.

If this doesn't fix the issue, delete the calendar subscription in Settings:

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Calendar > Accounts. Or if you use iOS 13, tap Passwords & Accounts > Accounts instead.
  3. Tap Subscribed Calendars.
  4. Look for a calendar that you don't recognize. Tap it, then tap Delete Account.

Learn more

Dec 4, 2021 7:25 AM in response to leman208

leman208 wrote:

Calendar virus

Nope. No virus. No hack.

You subscribed to a calendar, and it’s filled with spam.

Remove the subscribed calendar.

Here is what happened, and how to remove the subscribed calendar:

Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support

You are a target for scams, too. We all are. The following might help you avoid falling for other scams:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Dec 7, 2021 1:50 PM in response to sophanna224

You’ve subscribed to a spam-filled calendar. Unsubscribe.

No “virus”, no “hack”, nothing wrong here, just a spam-filled calendar subscription that was offered and was accepted.

You are a target for scams, too. We all are. The following might help you avoid falling for other scams:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Dec 10, 2021 7:39 AM in response to zbigniew34

zbigniew34 wrote:

Calendar virus iPhone 13 all time blocked Calendar virus rusian language

You’ve subscribed to a spam-filled calendar. Unsubscribe from the subscribed calendar.

No “virus”, no “hack”, nothing wrong here, just a spam-filled calendar subscription that was offered and was accepted.

Dec 11, 2021 4:32 PM in response to telfboy

telfboy wrote:

It’s 12 at night and I keep getting messages on calendar about and infection. There are numerous links towards this. I don’t know what to do

You’ve subscribed to a spam-filled calendar. Unsubscribe from the subscribed calendar.

Mar 16, 2022 11:21 AM in response to aliisikcevahir

Advertisers lie.

You were offered and have a subscribed to a calendar.

No hack, no breach, no security issues here.

Remove the subscribed calendar, and the advertising being offered from the subscribed calendar will be gone.

In this case, the subscribed calendar is green, when you look through your list of subscribed calendars.

For details, click or tap on the following blue-text link to learn how to Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support

Once you have removed the advertiser's subscribed calendar, you will receive no further advertising from the calendar, and no further cleanup is required.

Again, there was no hack, no exploit, no security problem. You were offered and subscribed to some advertising.

I would not usually recommend loading the advertised VPN product here too, as those can effect your privacy, and can access and track your network traffic.

iPhone Calendar Virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.