Question:

Question: iPhone Calendar Virus

Last week I went onto a movie site and I clicked the wrong thing and somehow ended up with this (photo attached) in my calendar. I know if I click on the link I’m probably doomed so I haven’t. there is no option for me to delete these events or edit the calendar subscriptions to them like you can with any other event or calendar. They’re just stuck there it seems and they pop up every day and won’t stop. I can’t mute the Event reminders and because it remakes or adds them in two day increments. I’ve looked Online for hours and nothing seems to help because it doesn’t let me delete anything. I don’t think it’s spam like most posts say to people because I cannot remove anything. Help

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 8:03 PM

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

That is a Rogue Calendar account. Go to Settings-->>Passwords & Accounts and under Accounts see if an unknown calendar account is listed. If it is then tap on it and then Delete account.

Note that it is not a virus. It is something that got added to your calendar because you may have accepted an offer from a pop-up  on a website unknowingly. Please be careful out there,

Good Luck.

Axel F

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 8:05 PM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Solved

Mar 7, 2020 8:05 PM in response to jewels256 In response to jewels256

That is a Rogue Calendar account. Go to Settings-->>Passwords & Accounts and under Accounts see if an unknown calendar account is listed. If it is then tap on it and then Delete account.

Note that it is not a virus. It is something that got added to your calendar because you may have accepted an offer from a pop-up  on a website unknowingly. Please be careful out there,

Good Luck.

Axel F

Mar 7, 2020 8:05 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Apr 13, 2021 9:26 AM in response to jewels256 In response to jewels256

Hi everyone, 

I understand this has already been responded to, but we have a helpful knowledge base article with updated information regarding your iPhone Calendar concerns. Please visit the following article: Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone

Thank you!

Apr 13, 2021 9:26 AM

Reply Helpful (10)

Apr 19, 2021 12:22 PM in response to Axel Foley In response to Axel Foley

What if you’ve done everything in the help articles, there are no unknown calendars to delete, there are no unknown calendars subscribed to, and you are still getting garbage events appearing in your calendar, and no way to delete them.

Apr 19, 2021 12:22 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jewels256

Question: iPhone Calendar Virus