Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Utility Not Detecting SSD

I went to wipe all the files on my Mac Mini 2012. I wiped both my SSD and my HDD. And I go to reinstall Mac OS on my SSD and it won’t show up. My HDD will show up but my SSD won’t. Disk Utility won’t even detect that the SSD is connected. I used the command “diskutil list” on Terminal, and my SSD is being detected on there. But the SSD is not being detected on Disk Utility. How can I fix this weird issue?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 7, 2020 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 12:29 AM

Bubblaboo27 Said:

Disk Utility Not Detecting SSD: I went to wipe all the files on my Mac Mini 2012. I wiped both my SSD and my HDD. And I go to reinstall Mac OS on my SSD and it won’t show up.[...]

Mount the Disk:

• Mount it as an Administrator:

Go To: Applications > Utilities > Disk Utilities.

• Mount it in Safe Mode:

If it is not seen, then power off your Mac. Boot your Mac, holding [Command + R]. Select Disk Utilities, and see if you can mount it that way.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2020 12:29 AM in response to Bubbaboo27

Bubblaboo27 Said:

Disk Utility Not Detecting SSD: I went to wipe all the files on my Mac Mini 2012. I wiped both my SSD and my HDD. And I go to reinstall Mac OS on my SSD and it won’t show up.[...]

Mount the Disk:

• Mount it as an Administrator:

Go To: Applications > Utilities > Disk Utilities.

• Mount it in Safe Mode:

If it is not seen, then power off your Mac. Boot your Mac, holding [Command + R]. Select Disk Utilities, and see if you can mount it that way.

Mar 8, 2020 12:41 AM in response to Bubbaboo27

Either you hacked my iMac and now you are lowering me to comment on how similar my issue is... 2011 later 27in I literally just bought a brand new interface from ik and a pair of presonus monitors and I have not used them yet and it’s a week later. Do your self a favor and grab a external hard drive or replace the internal but make sure you have at least 18.2gigs of available space or you will find out like me after hours of totally convenienced I could use terminal to repair and Unmount it then force mount and literally not be able to play with my big boy toys...the kid don’t like when people take his lunch money

Disk Utility Not Detecting SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.