Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to maintain screen record quality while importing in iMovie?

I have recorded couple of minutes of video, using my mbp and its built-in screen recorder. These videos look absolutely fine when opened in any media player. However, when I add these videos in iMovie, the quality is drastically reduced(resolution is so much reduced that words are barely readable). How can I avoid this problem?

PS: Sry btw, I did not found a better topic which matches my question.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 10:25 AM

Hello, ArmanJoon.

After you have recorded your screen with QuickTime, you should select from the menu bar File > Export As...

Then select a resolution to be used for the export.

Finally, import that file into iMovie and see if that doesn't provide you the resolution and clarity you expect.

note- this works best with full-screen recordings. If you record just a small part of the screen, then the resolution choices may be limited.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2020 10:25 AM in response to ArmanJoon

Hello, ArmanJoon.

After you have recorded your screen with QuickTime, you should select from the menu bar File > Export As...

Then select a resolution to be used for the export.

Finally, import that file into iMovie and see if that doesn't provide you the resolution and clarity you expect.

note- this works best with full-screen recordings. If you record just a small part of the screen, then the resolution choices may be limited.

How to maintain screen record quality while importing in iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.