Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max home indicator goes missing

Has anyone else experienced the home indicator on the bottom of the screen go missing, while all other functions work (music still playing, screen responsive and can open control center & apps within)? It would randomly occur, and I wouldn't be able to close apps or unlock the phone.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 9:38 AM

3 replies

Mar 9, 2020 6:24 AM in response to jskwl

Hi jskwl, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

I see from your post that you have an issue with the home indicator not working on your iPhone XS. I want to help! Are you talking about the AssistiveTouch button or are you having an issue using gestures to navigate your iPhone XS Max? This article has the steps to Use gestures to navigate your iPhone X and later - Apple Support

If your issue is with AssistiveTouch, this article has the steps to Use AssistiveTouch on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Reach back out with any questions. 

Have a great day!

Mar 10, 2020 6:13 AM in response to jskwl

Hi jskwl, 

Thank you for reaching back out to Apple Support Communities. 

I see that you still have an issue with the home indicator not working on your iPhone. Does this happen when using any particular app? If so, you can update those apps. Here’s more information on how to Update apps or use automatic downloads - Apple Support

Hope that helps. Reach back out with any questions. 

Best Regards!

iPhone XS Max home indicator goes missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.