Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted my phone app -how do I get it back on my home screen

I have the iPhone XS max and I deleted the phone app and I do not know how to get it back without restoring my phone. I do not want to lose my pics and texts messages by doing a restore.

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2020 12:23 PM

You can’t delete the phone app. How would you be able to make a phone call if you deleted it?

Search for it using the spotlight search.

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can also reset the home screen layout in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home screen layout. That should put the app back in the dock but it will return your home screen to out of the box condition and all folder structure and custom home screen structure will be destroyed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2020 12:23 PM in response to hldukate

You can’t delete the phone app. How would you be able to make a phone call if you deleted it?

Search for it using the spotlight search.

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You can also reset the home screen layout in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home screen layout. That should put the app back in the dock but it will return your home screen to out of the box condition and all folder structure and custom home screen structure will be destroyed.

I deleted my phone app -how do I get it back on my home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.