Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way I can sync my Apple musics into my nano?

I bought a ipod nano a few years ago, when I was still in my senior high school. I downloaded a lot of music and audios(for free) from the internet and it was really a good companion.

Today I take it out and think since I've paid for Apple Music subscription, I can support the genuine music now. So I restored the ipod(removed everything in it) and try to synchronize my current iTunes library into it. THEN:

"Some items, including “Antisocial”, were not copied to the iPod “Tod’s iPod” because Apple Music songs cannot be copied to an iPod."

Then I get an empty ipod, lose everything in it, as well as my memories.

I search on the Internet and get the same answers: using some Apps to transfer apple music to some format like mp4 and transferring them into my ipod. Obviously, this is piracy.

So WHAT CAN I DO TO SYNCHRONIZE MY MUSIC INTO MY IPOD??? DOES THIS MEAN IPOD HAS BECOME AN OUTDATED PRODUCT AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY APPLE ANYMORE??? I really like this device.

iPod nano (7th Gen)

Posted on Mar 9, 2020 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2020 11:30 AM

Hello,

No model of iPod nano, iPod shuffle, or iPod classic are compatible with with Apple Music. As to your statement if Apple is obsoleting these iPod models. Yes, Apple obsoleted these several years ago. These iPod models were introduced over a decade ago and received end-of-life statements 5 years ago. You can still synchronize iTunes Store or CD ripped music to these legacy iPod models.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2020 11:30 AM in response to Tod-J

Hello,

No model of iPod nano, iPod shuffle, or iPod classic are compatible with with Apple Music. As to your statement if Apple is obsoleting these iPod models. Yes, Apple obsoleted these several years ago. These iPod models were introduced over a decade ago and received end-of-life statements 5 years ago. You can still synchronize iTunes Store or CD ripped music to these legacy iPod models.

Mar 9, 2020 11:41 AM in response to Tod-J

Since Apple Music tracks are tied to the subscription and need to verify it, by connecting to the Apple Music server, any way of letting you copy them to the ipod would also aid in Piracy as it would by the fact the nano has no wifi option, not be able to require the susbctiption status verification online.

Then anybody could just download 1000's of songs, copy them to a Nano, and extract them from there and distribute them freely. Rampant piracy. A thing most media companies and artists would not like Appe to allow.

Basically, subscription based music services cannot work on devices with no possible connection to the internet.

Yes, iPods have been discontinued for several years now. And while some are still supported, they just can't be used with modern music distribution methods. Its a fact of copy protection.

Is there any way I can sync my Apple musics into my nano?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.