Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted photo sharing iPhone to iPad

Hi,  I wanted to Share a photo/video from my iPhone to iPad, the best way seemed to be to enable ‘shared albums’ on both my iPhone and iPad. This worked, I added a video to the newly created shared album on my iPhone and it appeared on my IPad, great.

But now I can see ALL photos from my iPhone on my iPad, which I don’t want. I haven’t select ‘upload my photo stream’ on either, how can I turn this off?

Thanks

Chris

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 9, 2020 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2020 3:03 PM

I’m sure your theory is correct, but like all theories, they are correct until they’re not.

What I’m saying is exactly what happened - turning on shared-albums now means that I can see all photos on my ipad from

my iphone for the first time. I suspect what happened is that there was an issue with the icloud sync and it was initiated for the first time when I enabled shared albums.

I can close this now, thanks for your help.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2020 3:03 PM in response to Phil0124

I’m sure your theory is correct, but like all theories, they are correct until they’re not.

What I’m saying is exactly what happened - turning on shared-albums now means that I can see all photos on my ipad from

my iphone for the first time. I suspect what happened is that there was an issue with the icloud sync and it was initiated for the first time when I enabled shared albums.

I can close this now, thanks for your help.

Mar 9, 2020 1:53 PM in response to thisishardwork

Turning Shared Albums on would not and could not have caused it to share all the photos. Only the ones in the shared album. Since you cna have different Albums shared to different people.

iCloud Photos on the other hand syncs everything to every device that is using the same Apple ID for iCloud, and has iCloud Photos turned on.

Also iCloud Photos does not need to be on for Shared Albums to work.

If everything got synced, it was because you turned on iCloud Photos not because of the Shared Album. Shared albums simply does not work that way.

Unwanted photo sharing iPhone to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.