Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app - Change all units to International System of Units (instead of only °F to °C)

Is it possible for the developers to give the option and then change all units to International System of Units?

Now, you only have the choice to display the temperature in °F or °C. This is OK.

But below you have other physics magnitudes displayed. Id est:

1. wind speed (mph to km/h),
  2. precipitation (in to mm),
  3. pressure (inHg to kPa),
  4. visibility (mi to km)

Also, the units to be displayed are °F and °C, not °. Please also add the F and the C.

Thank you in advance.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2020 9:08 AM

You are correct. While you can indeed choose language, calendar and temperature, the rest of the measurement units come bundled in a single country choice. In comparison to, say, MacOS where you choose a region and then can fine-tune the individual units.

5 replies

Mar 10, 2020 8:50 AM in response to Courcoul

Thank you very much for your reply.

It is correct, as you point it out.

If I choose region: United States, the weather app display all the other units in: mph, in, inHg, mi. Also it sets other formats (date, currency).

If I change the region to another country, the weather app display all the other units, for example, as you show: km/h, cm, hPa, km. But it also sets other formats used in that region (date, currency).

I wonder if it is possible to choose region: United States (to keep the settings for all the other formats, and possible other non discussed settings now, ApplePay?, AppleNews?, with more legal implications depending on your region) and change only the physics magnitude units.

I've already sent the request to Apple Feedback.

Weather app - Change all units to International System of Units (instead of only °F to °C)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.