Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Others can't hear me with AirPods

I have air pod second generation wireless charging and model no A2031 and firmware version 2c54 which is last update but unfortunately

during any call through internet like Facebook msn or IMO or ....

the other guy is not hearing me well unless I took of air pod and that time good quality call.

seems looks like disconnected to Bluetooth.

appreciate your reply

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2020 7:07 AM

Hello Wael72,

If I'm understanding you right, when making calls through third-party apps the other person doesn't hear you well when your iPhone is connected to your AirPods. I'm happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

Does this happen when connected to Wi-Fi and cellular data? Does the same thing occur when you use your AirPods to make regular phone calls using the Phone app? First make sure your iPhone is running the most updated iOS version available for it: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Try resetting your AirPods next and then test them out afterwards: Reset your AirPods.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2020 7:07 AM in response to Wael72

Hello Wael72,

If I'm understanding you right, when making calls through third-party apps the other person doesn't hear you well when your iPhone is connected to your AirPods. I'm happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

Does this happen when connected to Wi-Fi and cellular data? Does the same thing occur when you use your AirPods to make regular phone calls using the Phone app? First make sure your iPhone is running the most updated iOS version available for it: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Try resetting your AirPods next and then test them out afterwards: Reset your AirPods.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Mar 14, 2020 9:35 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Sorry to inform you that, It's only one fact, last firmware version problem 2C54 Thats why apple pulled out again.

Apple got a lot of complaints from airpods pro and AirPods second generation owners.

Now we have to wait hoping Apple to solve the problem and another firmware version issuance.

Apple shall not update any firmware version automatically and shall face the world and recognize mistakes.

Mar 12, 2020 11:32 AM in response to Wael72

Hello again Wael72,

Thanks for those additional details. It sounds like you experienced the same thing with a normal phone call that wasn't through an internet-based app. Also, The issue is intermittent and you were able to narrow it down to just your right AirPod.

Next I recommend making sure your AirPods mic is set to Automatic. If the mic is set to Always Left, your left AirPod will be the microphone even if you remove were to remove it from your ear or put it in the case. You can adjust this setting by opening the AirPods Case, then going to Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone. Tap the information button AirPods in the list of devices. In addition to this, you'll also want to make sure that you right AirPod is clean and free of derbris. You can view how to properly clean them here: How to clean your AirPods and EarPods.

If you continue to have the same issue you may want to consider having your AirPods inspected. This can be done in either an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. You can locate one here: Find Locations.

Cheers!

Mar 12, 2020 9:07 AM in response to Teddy_B

Thanks for your support and let me informed you that, my iPhone update is last version iOS 13.3.1 and it was happening during connected to cellular data, unfortunately I worked in the petroleum field that's why not able to connect with wifi.

Also the other person didn't hear me through normal phone call without third party app.

I did all your suggestion and I found out that

When I take off the right one, the other person hearing me very well.

Left one is ok

Also this all happened some times and some times there is no any problems.

Please help me as the airpod never fall down.

Others can't hear me with AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.