Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud settings out of date windows 10 mail

Whenever I try to sign in on my ICloud email through outlook or mail it tells me that my settings are out of date. I've looked up how to do it but cannot find the generate new password option under security

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2020 9:05 AM

Hello IdiodicFly,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you're receiving an alert stating your iCloud settings are out of date when trying to access your iCloud Mail account in Outlook. The steps in the following resource may help:

Get help using Outlook with iCloud for Windows

If you're trying to generate an app-specific password, make sure that you have set up two-factor authentication and then try to generate a password on the Apple ID account page. Review the steps in the following resources:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Using app-specific password

If you need to reset your Apple ID password, take a look at the resource below:

If you forgot your Apple ID password

Let us know the results. Please include specific error messages any troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2020 9:05 AM in response to IdiodicFly

Hello IdiodicFly,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you're receiving an alert stating your iCloud settings are out of date when trying to access your iCloud Mail account in Outlook. The steps in the following resource may help:

Get help using Outlook with iCloud for Windows

If you're trying to generate an app-specific password, make sure that you have set up two-factor authentication and then try to generate a password on the Apple ID account page. Review the steps in the following resources:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Using app-specific password

If you need to reset your Apple ID password, take a look at the resource below:

If you forgot your Apple ID password

Let us know the results. Please include specific error messages any troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

ICloud settings out of date windows 10 mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.