Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ear tip fit test failed

I am trying to do the ear tip fit test with airpods pro but it keeps saying : place both air pods in both ears , but they are in place.

what can i do?

Posted on Mar 11, 2020 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2020 5:15 AM

Hello,

Try a full reset:

Reset your AirPods

Good luck.

5 replies

May 23, 2020 10:50 AM in response to Charles Davis

Since I updated the firmware to 2D15 I always fail the ear fit test. Tried all three sizes but still no luck. Before I passed it twice using the medium size tips. If I push on the air pods really hard into my ear it then passes. Not a realistic solution. Tried cleaning the airpods but still can not pass the fit test. I agree that this test is somewhat flawed and you just have to go by what feels comfortable and sounds good.

Jun 3, 2020 6:14 AM in response to JoeG404

Passed the Ear Fit test every time for the first week or so but failed every time since. I've tried all the other sized tips but still no luck (in either ear). I've also reset the airpods, again - no luck! £250 is a fortune to spend on noise cancelling airpods that aren't noise cancelling and it looks like its a very common problem.

Jun 3, 2020 10:43 AM in response to Paul2791

The reality is that the test doesn't work as expected. Another example of "promise everything and deliver nothing". Just go by which ear piece feels right and leave it at that. The real test of the noise cancelling is to use the ambient sound setting, hear the outside noises then go to noise cancelling and if the outside noises stop you are using the right earpieces. Nothing stops all noise all the time but the airpod pro is one of the best. You should be able to somewhat eliminate noises like lawnmowers, jet engines, etc. that make a constant "hum". Other noises that fluctuate in pitch will be greatly diminished but will probably never be eliminated completely.

Ear tip fit test failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.