Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memo “couldn’t load content” when sharing to fb messenger

Hi! I’m using iphone 7 plus with ios 13.3.1

I couldn't share voice memos to fb messenger

the voice memos are short (ranges from 3 sec to 10 sec)

I couldn’t find any post regarding this problem

I hope you can help

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 12, 2020 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2020 1:45 AM

Are your Voice Memos synced to iCloud? Please check your internet connection.

Connecting to Wifi is first part and then getting connected to Internet is the second

1. If you are connected to a Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem of iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact you ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2020 1:45 AM in response to CuriousBunny17

Are your Voice Memos synced to iCloud? Please check your internet connection.

Connecting to Wifi is first part and then getting connected to Internet is the second

1. If you are connected to a Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem of iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact you ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

Apr 13, 2020 10:10 AM in response to BenFrUK

For method 1 ensure you're using the desktop site. To do this on mobile, Request Desktop Site before logging in; the login page should now look like the desktop login and from there just log in and open the chat, tapping the paperclip icon then Browse to find where you exported it to. For method 2 I'm not sure why it's not working for you but maybe it depends on the codec; try using a different app (this one worked for me but is apparently not currently on the app store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/the-file-converter/id483983989). I prefer method 1 as it retains original quality. To find out when Facebook will fix this, keep up-to-date with their updates. Expect at least a few months before a fix. Same for Apple, but ETA of at least a few years depending on the issue. Everyone who is bothered by this issue should report it to Facebook and/or Apple because if only a few people report it it's unlikely to get fixed unless a developer stumbles across it and makes it a priority.

Apr 9, 2020 6:39 PM in response to CuriousBunny17

I managed to do it...but only by sending the voice memo from my iphone to Facebook Messenger via my laptop.

• On my iPhone I emailed the voice memo to myself.
  • On my laptop I downloaded and saved the voice memo from my email.
  • On my laptop I opened up Facebook and went to messenger.
  • Then I sent the voice memo by using the ‘Add a file’ button.

Hope it works for you.

Mar 13, 2020 3:28 PM in response to CuriousBunny17

I am experiencing this as well for the past couple weeks and I believe it is a bug in the latest versions of Messenger. If you look at the App Store reviews of Messenger for recent weeks, you’ll find that iPhone users all seem to be having trouble sharing audio and video via Messenger since the latest updates.

Hopefully Facebook will fix it soon. It’s infuriating.

Apr 3, 2020 4:55 AM in response to CuriousBunny17

Hi, same problem over here (in France) and it displays the same message "There was an upload problem, please try again". After spending quite a while on some French, UK and US forums, I have not found many highlights and I have not been able to resolve the problem. I have erased Messenger and re-uploaded and did the same for Voice Memos (dictaphone in France) and re-uploaded the Apps, then restarted my iPhone XR (Software version 13.4), and tried again...DOES NOT WORK! I have looked into all the possible settings for both Messenger and the Voice Memos Apps but could not trigger any option allowing a single voice memo transfer. I suppose that it is a glitch in the Messenger App latest version??? Anyone could help more or give a working solution? THANKS, Ben

Voice Memo “couldn’t load content” when sharing to fb messenger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.