Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime Photos not saving

i'm on 13.3.1 iOS none of my photos I take while FaceTiming my wife save anywhere, but her photos save and she is on the same version. I've Hard Reset the phone, restarted it, turned off FaceTime and FaceTime photos and re enabled them and still nothing. Anything else I can do to fix this issue?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 12, 2020 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2020 3:15 AM

Dzetti Said:

"FaceTime Photos not saving: i'm on 13.3.1 iOS none of my photos I take while FaceTiming my wife save anywhere[...] I've Hard Reset the phone, restarted it, turned off FaceTime and FaceTime photos and re enabled them and still nothing[...]"

-------

Go Here: Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch - Apple Support

As it Reads: All Participants

A Second Thought:

I am not certain if this is the same as you mentioned in your OP. But, try this:

Try Toggling Off/On Photos:

On your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: your name
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Toggle: off Photos
  6. Toggle: on Photos
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2020 3:15 AM in response to Dzettl

Dzetti Said:

"FaceTime Photos not saving: i'm on 13.3.1 iOS none of my photos I take while FaceTiming my wife save anywhere[...] I've Hard Reset the phone, restarted it, turned off FaceTime and FaceTime photos and re enabled them and still nothing[...]"

-------

Go Here: Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch - Apple Support

As it Reads: All Participants

A Second Thought:

I am not certain if this is the same as you mentioned in your OP. But, try this:

Try Toggling Off/On Photos:

On your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: your name
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos
  5. Toggle: off Photos
  6. Toggle: on Photos

Mar 13, 2020 1:50 AM in response to Dzettl

Take a Live Photo in FaceTime on iPhone

• When you’re on a video call in the FaceTime app , you can take a FaceTime Live Photo to capture a moment of your conversation (not available in all regions). The camera captures what happens just before and after you take the photo, including the audio, so you can see and hear it later just the way it happened.
  • To take a FaceTime Live Photo, first make sure FaceTime Live Photos is turned on in Settings  > FaceTime, then do one of the following:
  • On a call with one other person: Tap .
  • On a Group FaceTime call: Tap the tile of the person you want to photograph, tap , then tap .

You both receive a notification that the photo was taken, and the Live Photo is saved in your Photos app.

Mar 15, 2020 3:33 AM in response to agru007

agru007 Said:

"Does it HAVE to stay on to keep FaceTime pics? I have another cloud service so I don’t use iCloud photos. Thanks for your help"

-------

Yes.

Go Here: Find or restore a missing FaceTime app - Apple Support

As it Reads: make sure that FaceTime and Camera are turned on

As for Cloud Storage:

This is how it is synced - through iCloud - So, ALL participants must have access to it, or it just will not work. And that must be why it is not working as desired: You are not using iCloud, but rather your own cloud service.

Mar 15, 2020 4:04 AM in response to agru007

agru007 Said:

"That’s interesting, thanks. I’m still not sure why you need to have iCloud photos turned on to get a snippet of a video streamed to your phone (and obviously this isn’t explained anywhere), but if that’s the case I’ll check it out and report."

-------

You are welcome.

Maybe I mistook the word "it". You said, "Does it HAVE to"

Everyone has to have full access to all required items. Try it both with and without iCloud enabled. See if you can download it to your own cloud server while on face time. Report back.

Leave Apple Some Feedback on this:

The more they hear about this, the more they'll know what to include in updates to come. Their engineers will look into this, and seeing the hundreds of "me too's" in these forums on this, I bet very few have submitted this.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Performance" for the "Feedback Type"***
  3. Mention how it Should be: - NOT ALL PARTICIPANTS being required to have access to everything in order to participate.

***It's not so much a bug, nor a glitch, but rather a spec of the App. So, choose "performance" not "bug report"

FaceTime Photos not saving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.