Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail error message

Error triangle has recently appeared in Apple Mail, beside the Inbox, 'Connections to host Automatically added for iOS & OS X Mail on the default ports failed' I have running on Mac OS High Sierra on Mac Mini

Apple Mail also just crashed after successfully sending a email, which is why I am asking for advice

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 13, 2020 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2020 10:04 AM

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Have you changed your eMail password lately?

7 replies

Mar 16, 2020 5:17 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for your interest. Simply an update on what I am about to do. I have previously partitioned my hard drive, one partition Mac OS High Sierra, other partition is MacOS Catalina. (I did this because people I support were having printer/ scanner problems after upgrading to Catalina) I will now check if emails are received ok with no error triangle when I switch to Catalina.

Also, I have stayed with High Sierra as main partition as I am using a Legacy version of Daylite, which has Daylite DMA (Daylite Mail Assistance installed as a extension in Apple Mail, again i need to check, by disabling Daylite DMA if this older program is the problem. Will take couple of days, even if i 'self isolate' - so will email progress . . . . soon!

Mar 29, 2020 4:35 AM in response to BDAqua

My Apple Mail has crashed servers times, again just now - my crash report to apple was:

‘did not send anything, instead i was looking a recent emails, then emptied Junk folder (7 emails), then went to open a Mailbox, which I believe is stored on my hard drive, not backed up to iCloud then Mail quite out.’

Now think that when a routine calls up Google for status, an error is generated

The Account error is:

Online Status: Connections to host Automatically added for iOS & OS X Mail on the default ports failed.

Check accounts under INBox and found the error triangle is not with iCloud account, but triangle is with Google account

There is no emails in the Google account - so do i need it, not now a google mail is now on a Android Smartphone

So went to Internet Accounts and Clicked off Google mail - Instantly the triangle disappeared.

Just to research this further, I have left Google accounts in Contacts and Notes - to see if their are any entries into Google accounts in these applications . . . . 

Thanks for your advice BDAqua

Mail error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.