Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera LED blinking green but doesn't work.

Greetings!

I've had this problem for a while now.

My camera stopped working. I've tried every app possible. What happens is that when I open, let' say, Photo booth, the screen is black, the green LED is blinking but nothing happens.

My MBP did not fall, was not damaged, nothing like that.

Is there anything that can be done?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 13, 2020 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2020 9:34 AM

Hello,

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

11 replies

Mar 21, 2020 12:58 AM in response to BDAqua

No :( I gave up... I wanted to bring my laptop to the apple store in my hometown, but due to the lockdown I cannot do it right now. It sucks cause it impairs my work :( I did everything that you posted above (I hope I did it well, cause nothing appeared afterwards or anything) and still I have the same problem. I was even thinking about restoring my MBP to factory settings, but I'm afraid that it won't work and only wipe out my HD :(

May 12, 2020 3:55 AM in response to przemoteacher

I am having this same issue. I teach and having my screen be green on their end is making it impossible. I cannot even present my screen to them. Their image on my end is also black.

I have two littles of my own that have to watch a few YouTube videos for their own work and the videos are coming up black. I did notice that when I restart my computer it is okay for a short period but eventually goes back. Your computer is a desktop and has stayed in one location since coming out of the box. If you find a solution please let me know!

~Britt

Camera LED blinking green but doesn't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.