Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase all content and settings on iPhone X - screen time restrictions passcode?

I am attempting to erase all content and settings on a iPhone X - however I am repeatedly requested to enter a Screen Time Restrictions passcode (which I never remember setting!)

I am now on attempt 9 of 10 and close to being locked out

Any help would be gratefully received

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 14, 2020 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2020 3:46 AM

See this:

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time

passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode.

Extracted from: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

That said, to remove that passcode you need a computer with iTunes, usisng these instructions:--> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2020 3:46 AM in response to Mrschadders

See this:

If you can't remember a restrictions passcode that you set on a previous version of iOS, or you forgot your Screen Time

passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the passcode. Restoring your device from a backup won't remove your passcode.

Extracted from: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

That said, to remove that passcode you need a computer with iTunes, usisng these instructions:--> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

Regards

Giulio

Erase all content and settings on iPhone X - screen time restrictions passcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.