Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove U2's "Songs of Innocence" from my iTunes & iPhone in 2020?

I'm doing a little long-overdue maintenance on my iTunes account (thanks coronavirus/social distancing) and I still have the "Songs of Innocence" album stuck on my phone. I've never really cared for U2, but the constant ambush of their music over the years has elevated them to Nickelback-levels of discomfort.

Web searches have revealed a web tool that I missed by about 6 years that Apple provided to remove the album, but it was engineered prior to the advent of 2-factor authentication, and does not properly work with modern Apple infrastructure.

How can I get rid of U2's "Songs of Innocence" in 2020?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 14, 2020 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2020 6:19 AM

Hey there Blackguard91,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you would like to remove the iTunes gift album "Songs of Innocence" from your iTunes collection. I am happy to assist.

It sounds like you did some great research on this, and you're right. Customers are no longer able to remove the album on their own. You will need to reach out to Apple Support directly to have the album removed. You can use this link to get in touch with support: Contact - Official Apple Support.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2020 6:19 AM in response to Blackguard91

Hey there Blackguard91,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you would like to remove the iTunes gift album "Songs of Innocence" from your iTunes collection. I am happy to assist.

It sounds like you did some great research on this, and you're right. Customers are no longer able to remove the album on their own. You will need to reach out to Apple Support directly to have the album removed. You can use this link to get in touch with support: Contact - Official Apple Support.

Take care!

How can I remove U2's "Songs of Innocence" from my iTunes & iPhone in 2020?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.