Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"dINI" folder in application

Hi,

I am using MacBook Pro 15 , running macOS Catalina 10.15.3. I realised that there is a folder named "dINI" appears in my application folder. It was not there before. Does anyone know what kind of folder is that . Is it spam or Macs unbuild app ? Can I delete it if it's not necessary ?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 14, 2020 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2020 2:21 PM

imch2020 wrote:

Hi,
I am using MacBook Pro 15 , running macOS Catalina 10.15.3. I realised that there is a folder named "dINI" appears in my application folder. It was not there before. Does anyone know what kind of folder is that . Is it spam or Macs unbuild app ? Can I delete it if it's not necessary ?

A script folder.

From your Applications open the folder for a look see or control click open the folder>Show Package Contents.

It is probably not necessary, just a sloppy upgrade installer code that ended up there, or relocated 32 bit app detritus.

If it bothers you delete it, if it does not bother you leave it.

Dini saves accounts in scripfiles compared to MySQL everything is

online. The most important advantage of MySQL is that you can create UCP

for the server as fetching the data dynamically from MySQL is easy. No

load on scriptfiles as everything is online. You can edit a user data

from anywhere, no need to be in the script folder. There is a lot more

you can do with the users in MySQL.

And Dini can not t access Offline users while Mysql has the ability

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2020 2:21 PM in response to imch2020

imch2020 wrote:

Hi,

A script folder.

From your Applications open the folder for a look see or control click open the folder>Show Package Contents.

It is probably not necessary, just a sloppy upgrade installer code that ended up there, or relocated 32 bit app detritus.

If it bothers you delete it, if it does not bother you leave it.

Dini saves accounts in scripfiles compared to MySQL everything is

online. The most important advantage of MySQL is that you can create UCP

for the server as fetching the data dynamically from MySQL is easy. No

load on scriptfiles as everything is online. You can edit a user data

from anywhere, no need to be in the script folder. There is a lot more

you can do with the users in MySQL.

And Dini can not t access Offline users while Mysql has the ability

"dINI" folder in application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.