Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone camera turns green

Hi all,

so a few days ago I was in a facetime call and suddenly my entire camera screen turned green. It was not only visible to me, but also the other people receiving the call. within a few seconds, it turned back to normal. Its been 3 or 4 days and every 30 seconds or so, my camera screen turns completely green on any app that requires a camera (facetime, snapchat, houseparty). It returns back to normal but then the screen is all green again, and its only the parts where the camera is visible. I attached an example below. I hardly ever drop my phone, so I don’t see how that could have been related. My phone is very well protected and has no cracks, so I have no idea why it would have done this. I got my phone in december so it is relatively new as well. What caused this and Is there any way I can fix it?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 16, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2020 7:22 AM

Hi there, soccersoccersoccer.

I see that, when you're using the camera in applications to video-chat with someone, the camera screen turns green, and I'm glad to help with this.

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working -- Use the steps under "If the camera isn't working", and test the issue after each step.

If the camera still turns green when video-chatting, please answer the following questions:

What model of iPhone are you using, and which iOS is it currently on?

Are you able to take photos and videos with both the front and rear cameras without the green being display?

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2020 7:22 AM in response to soccersoccersoccer

Hi there, soccersoccersoccer.

I see that, when you're using the camera in applications to video-chat with someone, the camera screen turns green, and I'm glad to help with this.

If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working -- Use the steps under "If the camera isn't working", and test the issue after each step.

If the camera still turns green when video-chatting, please answer the following questions:

What model of iPhone are you using, and which iOS is it currently on?

Are you able to take photos and videos with both the front and rear cameras without the green being display?

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Mar 17, 2020 5:11 PM in response to Joseph_S.

hi,

Its an iphone 8+, and the most updated IOS (i believe 13).

The rear camera is perfectly fine and functioning fully normally, however the front camera every 3 seconds goes green for an extensive period of time. This is regardless the application; anything that requires a camera including my camera app. It happened suddenly, and I can’t see any damage to it, nor do I know what may have caused it.

Mar 18, 2020 1:05 PM in response to soccersoccersoccer

Thanks for trying those steps and getting back to us, soccersoccersoccer. It's appreciated. Since you're still having the issue, I'd like you to contact Apple Support.

Apple - Support - Product Selection — After selecting this link, type "camera" in the Search topics field and select "Camera not working as expected" from the Results. Then choose how you'd like to start the conversation.

Cheers!

iphone camera turns green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.