Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mbp 16-inch bootcamp - thunderbolt display not recognized on bootcamp

I just bought a new macbook pro 16 inch and installed bootcamp - unfortunately it doesnt seem to recognize my Thunderbolt Display. It worked on my old macbook 13-inch 2018 in bootcamp and it works when I’m booted into MacOS Catalina.

In windows 10 bootcamp, it doesn’t even show up in device manager nor on the AMD display preferences.

I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the AMD drivers so I tried installing the optimized display drivers from BootcampDrivers.com and that didn’t help.

Has anyone had any luck with this? Or know of any way to fix it? I hope apple simply updates the bootcamp drivers but that could take ages (if they even decide to), so any tips/workarounds would be much appreciated 🙏🏻✨

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 4:42 PM

oh wow! seems like the key was the “Fast Startup” option.

i did smc reset, nvram reset and power cycled the display & computer.. this didnt help

fast startup was disabled - i so tried enabling it and it worked :)

thanks so much!! really appreciate you taking the time to help

Anyone else who needs the fix:

1) in windows open up ’power & sleep settings’

2) click ‘additional power settings’

3) click ‘choose what power buttons do’

4) click ‘change settings that are currently unavailable’

5) tick the option ‘turn on fast startup’

6) Save Changes and then restart

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2020 4:42 PM in response to Loner T

oh wow! seems like the key was the “Fast Startup” option.

i did smc reset, nvram reset and power cycled the display & computer.. this didnt help

fast startup was disabled - i so tried enabling it and it worked :)

thanks so much!! really appreciate you taking the time to help

Anyone else who needs the fix:

1) in windows open up ’power & sleep settings’

2) click ‘additional power settings’

3) click ‘choose what power buttons do’

4) click ‘change settings that are currently unavailable’

5) tick the option ‘turn on fast startup’

6) Save Changes and then restart

Mar 19, 2020 9:02 PM in response to sinjinhawke

sinjinhawke wrote:

I just bought a new macbook pro 16 inch and installed bootcamp - unfortunately it doesnt seem to recognize my Thunderbolt Display.

Can you clarify - are you referring to the Apple Thunderbolt Display?

It worked on my old macbook 13-inch 2018 in bootcamp and it works when I’m booted into MacOS Catalina.

How was the display connected to the 2018 Mac? Are the connections different on the 2019 Mac? Both would need a USBc-to-TB2 adapter.

In windows 10 bootcamp, it doesn’t even show up in device manager nor on the AMD display preferences.

I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the AMD drivers so I tried installing the optimized display drivers from BootcampDrivers.com and that didn’t help.

Can you try the standard AMD drivers?

mbp 16-inch bootcamp - thunderbolt display not recognized on bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.