Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook cannot verify server identity on iPhone

An error message keeps poping up every few minutes on my iPhone X. It's really annoying and super weird. It says:

Cannot Verify Server Identity

The identity of "eas.outlook.com" cannot be verified.

When I click Details it says:

Certificate

talktalkrouter.lan

Issued by root.home

Not Trusted

And here's the weird part. If I tap More Details it shows the following info:

State: Hubei

Locality: Wuhan

Common Name: talktalkrouter.lan

Email Address: mobile@huawei.com

Etc....

None of the above makes sense as I'm based in the UK. Any ideas how I can fix it?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 1:58 PM

Hello all;

I'm based in Turkey and having the same issue. No profile to delete. However I have deleted last 2-3 apps that I installed. Same issue continues.

Need urgent help on this. It's really annoying.

Regards

6 replies

Mar 19, 2020 7:40 AM in response to P4N0

Hi there, P4N0.

I see that you're receiving a message that a server's identity couldn't be verified. You discovered that it's a certificate located on your iPhone. The strange thing is, it's showing information for China when you're located in the UK, and I'm glad to help with this.

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone -- See if there's a configuration profile on your iPhone. If you're using your phone for work or school, check to see if that's where it was installed. If not, review the information below.

How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- If you recently installed an application, it may have contained a configuration profile. Delete the application first, then remove the profile.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Outlook cannot verify server identity on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.