You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone freezes while sending emojis

Recently purchased the iPhone 11 Pro Max and soon after IOS update 11.3.0, the phone started freezing for seconds and would again recover within 10-15 seconds. This is happening even after the latest 13.3.1 latest update. When I type a text or an email for example, the phone freezes in between when it resumes, the content which is typed is lost.

•tried soft reset

•tried hard reset

•tried back up and restore

•tried updating the IOS from itunes

•also tried resetting the phone to factory settings without being the old data

recently I also figured out that the phone freezes whenever I try to send an emojis while adding them before writing a text or may be at the end.

anyone who has the same issue or has a way to get this resolved is much appreciated.. I have started hating my phone

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 1:15 PM

5 replies

Mar 18, 2020 1:22 PM in response to Sanjaynagaraj

I'm having the same issue, iPhone 11 Pro Max fully updated. It started happening around a week ago. I haven't done a restore but I've rebooted it etc. I've noticed it mainly in Slack and FB Messenger but it's happened in Discord too.

If I type just text that it doesn't happen but when I add emojis the phone hangs for 10-20 seconds. It doesn't always happen, sometimes it's fine, but it happens more than it doesn't.

I'm running iOS 13.3.1, 198GB of 250GB free storage.

This looks like it isn't an isolated glitch, hopefully there's a solution.

Or maybe the release of iOS 13.4 will fix it?

Daz

Mar 24, 2020 2:25 PM in response to Dazd

Just posting this in the interest of others...

I have also found an alternate solution for this issue who are still running with IOS 13.3 (like my dad has one) and the issue is sorted for the last 3 days now.

Settings > General > reset > Reset keyboard dictionary

This doesn’t reset or turn off your phone but just the keyboard settings back to factory and this even worked.

iPhone freezes while sending emojis

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.