Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad Pro and Tethering

Can we tether a digital camera to the new iPad Pro yet, or still no? Literally all I want to be able to do is shoot raw photos with my professional mirrorless camera (in this case, happens to be a Sony), and have the images pop up for review quickly and easily. Both the camera and the iPad have USB-C, but I've read that previous models didn't allow access to the file system or some such thing that prevented this ability. I'll buy one today if this is possible. Seems like a no-brainer for this type of device; portable, huge, beautiful screen, fast connectors. What is taking so long to make this a thing??

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 6:40 PM

3 replies

Mar 18, 2020 7:58 PM in response to SirHaakon

Hello,

As of the release of iPadOS 13 last September, iPad gained the ability to read/write to USB external storage devices just like a traditional computer. You should not have any problem connecting a camera to an iPad Pro to download its contents. This is especially useful now that the iPad Pro’s storage capacity can be configured up to 1 TB.

New iPad Pro and Tethering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.