Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather App - Santa Clara

Why did my weather app delete all my saved cities, and left me with Santa Clara and New York?

Is my icloud account compromised?

If this is a glitch, its been a glitch for years now as I see some other users having the same issue.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Mar 18, 2020 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 11:05 AM

Hi elfigue2000,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that cities you had saved in the Weather app on your device disappeared unexpectedly. I can see why you'd reach out about this; I'd like to help. While it's hard to determine the cause of the Weather app deleting saved cities, it's unlikely to be related to your iCloud account. I'd recommend using these steps to remove and reinstall the Weather app should the issue happen again: Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

If you're ever concerned about your Apple ID being compromised, check out the information here: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2020 11:05 AM in response to elfigue2000

Hi elfigue2000,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that cities you had saved in the Weather app on your device disappeared unexpectedly. I can see why you'd reach out about this; I'd like to help. While it's hard to determine the cause of the Weather app deleting saved cities, it's unlikely to be related to your iCloud account. I'd recommend using these steps to remove and reinstall the Weather app should the issue happen again: Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

If you're ever concerned about your Apple ID being compromised, check out the information here: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Best Regards.

Weather App - Santa Clara

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.