Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[Loner T] Bootcamp

Hey, i've been on the verge of losing my head tring to reinstall windows 10 for the last two weeks. I was originally able to install it no problem with modofying the plist and using a usb(on el capitan) to boot into windows and not efi boot since my 2010 Macbook 7,1 isn't efi native and is having issues with my nvidia gpu after driver install. Anyways i wanted to increase my windows partition and bam it wasn't bootable anymore. I mistakenly deleted bootcamp through disk utility instead of BCA but i dont think that this is the problem. Whenever i try to reinstall windows through bootcamp again with a usb i only get efi boot! I formatted and restored my mac just in case there was issues with my EFI partition because rm-rfmicrosoft was not working. I have tried disc2image and rufus to burn a windows iso for legacy-bios but it still shows EFI boot. Is there anyway i can configure it to show a "Windows" usb bootable? I'm on bootcamp 6.0.0. Any help is super appreciated. Loner T i hope you read this soon because I am so frustrated lol! Mid-2010 unibody all white macbook 250HDD,16gb ram, intel core 2 duo and nvidia geforce 320m.

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 9:11 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 20, 2020 8:58 AM in response to Loner T

Hey thanks for the reply man! I ended up fixing it through burning a windows 10 iso and running BIOS. I'm still bothered by the problem. I did exactly as that link says and i even used wimlib (a code you can download to terminal to split the install.wim file into multiple parts and transfer on a FAT32) to copy the newest ISO 1909 (5gb) to my usb. I realised on High Sierra BCA was not automatically creating a hybrid partition so i tried with gdisk but it would cause a "select bootable..." on bios load. I had to downgrade to el capitan where that worked (with my dvd iso). I wonder what is wrong with my USB because i tried it with both high sierra (protective mbr) and el capitan (hybrid mbr) and it would only make an efi boot. (It is a 2.0 PNY 64gb). I think after the first time i installed bios with it, it must have messed it up in some way im not sure. I recall it became undetectable until i restarted my mac twice. For regular use it works fine, weird. I hope this can help others out. Anyone aiming for CSM-BIOS i highly recommend you stay away from high sierra and use el capitan and upgrade only after the partition is successful after driver installation. Thanks again for the reply man, golden.

[Loner T] Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.