Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't swipe up for control panel Apple Watch

I'm having the same issue that others have noted, can't get control panel to swipe up from time to time. The only solution has been to reboot, which seems like a cumbersome fix. I like to turn on Theater Mode at night while sleeping and the only way I know to access that is from the control panel. Anyone have a different solution?

Apple Watch

Posted on Mar 19, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 3:00 PM

I can still swipe left and right to change watch faces. I can't swipe up or down for notifications or control panel. I'm currently on 6.1.3 of watchOS, this issue has persisted even after an update. I haven't noticed it following any certain action or location, though the vast majority of the time it's at home. holding the crown and the side button until it reboots always fixes the issue. I haven't tried unpairing and erasing, that seems a bit drastic. :) I'll have to decide how much rebooting bothers me.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2020 3:00 PM in response to rose_10

I can still swipe left and right to change watch faces. I can't swipe up or down for notifications or control panel. I'm currently on 6.1.3 of watchOS, this issue has persisted even after an update. I haven't noticed it following any certain action or location, though the vast majority of the time it's at home. holding the crown and the side button until it reboots always fixes the issue. I haven't tried unpairing and erasing, that seems a bit drastic. :) I'll have to decide how much rebooting bothers me.

Mar 20, 2020 10:23 AM in response to egamache

Hey there egamache,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues accessing Control Center from your Apple Watch intermittently. I’ll be happy to help.

When this happens, can you use other features of the display without issue? Do you notice this issue seems to happen in certain locations or after doing a certain task or anything on your Apple Watch? If restarting help, try updating your Watch and see if the issue returns:

Update your Apple Watch

If the issue continues after that, unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone, then pair them together again:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Set up your Apple Watch

Let me know if this helps.

Can't swipe up for control panel Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.