Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cmsWebSvr Process Slowing my iMac

My iMac is running slow and I checked Activity Monitor and there is a process named "cmsWebSvr" running. It is taking about 430% of the CPU. Does anybody know what this is and how to get rid of it? I'm running the latest version of Mojave (10.14.6).

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2020 8:46 PM

In Activity Monitor select the process then click on the kill button in the top left. Click on Force Quit button in the panel. Watch to see if the process reappears, and, if it does, has the CPU usage dropped back to normal?

Do you know where the process comes from? Are you running some kind of server software?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2020 8:46 PM in response to suzannegarn

In Activity Monitor select the process then click on the kill button in the top left. Click on Force Quit button in the panel. Watch to see if the process reappears, and, if it does, has the CPU usage dropped back to normal?

Do you know where the process comes from? Are you running some kind of server software?

cmsWebSvr Process Slowing my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.